I had heard of the term ‘narcissistic’ but never really felt its real meaning until recently. I was reading an article and it kind of got me all worked up! Why? Because it resonated with me on an innate level. I remember getting quite emotional and later…much later, when I kind of came to terms with it, I researched more on it and after a lot of self-search, analysis, and reflection I realised something that I hadn’t considered before!
I came to the realisation that I actually had loads of narcissistic people all around me, carefully hidden, all under the radar. It didn’t just start with most of my exes, but it carried on to the pretty much everyday people around me too. People who you would think were supposed to “be there“ for you; well-meaning or looking out for you, but in reality, were manipulators and totally narcissistic!
One only realises the term “narcissistic” after having experienced it personally!
If only I could have recognised the signs, I would have saved myself years of pain, guilt, …… Read the entire article
Colour therapy, also called chromotherapy, is a method of treating ailments by using colours. It is also said to help bring balance and health to the mind and body. The vibrations of the colour improve your mood and overall health.
Colours can either stimulate or calm your senses. This therapy relies on the idea that colours create an electrical impulse in the brain, which can stimulate hormonal and biochemical processes in the body.
Colours and Chakras
On a spiritual note, each of the 7 Chakras are linked to the spectrum of light in a rainbow. Let’s explore this some more:
– The Root Chakra located at the base of the spine is represented by red. This base chakra has a grounding effect connecting us to Earth.
Red – Courage/Motivation/Passion/Love
– The Sacral Chakra, which is located 2 or 3 inches below the navel is represented by orange. This chakra is associated with sexuality, creativity, reproduction, kidneys, adrenals and pleasure.
Orange – Energy/Good vibes/Freedom/Ambition
– The Solar Plexus Chakra located between the navel and sternum is represented by yellow. It is associated with the liver, pancreas, digestive system, gallbladder, empowerment and well-being, influencing your wisdom and power.
Yellow – Clarity/Growth/Happiness/Focus
– The Heart Chakra associated with the heart, lungs, immune system, energy, nervous system, mental focus, compassion and empowerment influences love and healing. It is represented by green.
Green – Prosperity/Abundance/Luck/Health
– The Throat Chakra is associated with thyroid, metabolism and most importantly with communication. It is represented by blue.
Blue – Confidence/Loyalty/Success/Forgiveness/Creativity
– The Third Eye Chakra located between the eyebrows is represented by indigo. It is associated with the pituitary and pineal glands, influencing awareness, sleep cycles, clarity, wisdom, self-esteem and intuition.
Indigo – Vitality/Good health/Wealth
– The Crown Chakra located at the top of the head is represented by violet. It is associated with spirituality, clarity, dreams, pineal gland and light sensitivity.
Violet – Relaxation/Tranquility/Imagination
Take a look at the chart/guide below to summarise:
In addition to the Chakra colours, here are some more colours and what they symbolically represent:
Black – Stability/Protection/Mystery/Power/Elegance/Sophistication
White – Purity/Innocence/Freshness/Peace
Pink – Love/Harmony/Nurturing/Self-love
Light blue – Tranquility/Reliability/Forgiveness
Dark blue – Depth/Expertise/Stability
Colours and Skin Tones
Often we hear people say that a particular colour might not be “their” colour! This is mostly based on one’s skin tone where a colour might clash or contrastingly flatter you.
To narrow it down skin tones are characterized into 3 kinds: warm, cool and neutral.
– A warm skin tone merits from coral, honey, cream and olive.
– Cool skin tones work well with grey, lavender, blue and rose.
– Neutral skin tones love red, white, blue and jade.
But we also know that change is so important, especially to motivate us and brighten up our day. So dare to experiment with colour in your wardrobe :)! .
Crazily enough, there are a handful of colours that everyone can wear; like white, black, eggplant purple, teal and light-blush pink. Trying out new colours can be so fun and recommended. You might just surprise yourself when you try out something new and discover that it suits you; you feel good in it. For it is when you feel good, that you emanate confidence and that in turn makes you look picture perfect : “Immaculate!”.
There is a psychology to colour. Research says colour can absolutely affect your mood, behavior and stress levels. Pick a colour based on the mood you are already in, or pick a colour based on the mood you want to be in. Go on then, try them colours out!
“Remember colours can stimulate, calm, and shock, all dependant on the effect and feel you are looking for.”
Colours and my Candle Therapy
With this I would like to introduce you to my “CANDLE THERAPY” and my “CANDLES & CRYSTALS HEALING KITS”.
Using the colour guide above you can focus on the emotions or area of your personality you would like to enhance, light up the relevant (hand-engraved) coloured candle and watch them manifest.
I have hand engraved my candles using colour /chakra colour therapy with affirmations like health, protect, luck, peace, etc.. The candles are also lightly scented with either lavender, tea tree oil or green fields.
Discover my selection of healing candles by clicking on the links below.
So, I have been following some training videos on Youtube and I accidently stumbled on a gem!
Have you seen the “MuscleWatching” videos? If not then it’s something you need to check out. Don’t worry about not speaking the language, all you need to do is watch and follow!
Most of the exercises are simple, easy, extremely low impact but thoroughly efficient. I decided to have a go and started with the facial exercises and the hand exercises to lose weight. Though I am still only a few weeks away, I have to say that I am quite surprised with how you can actually feel your body work out with such simple movements. Have a go and see for yourself, please don’t take my word for it.
Its amazing to be able to lose weight by simply lying on your exercise mat, once a day for 5-10 minutes, while doing a few suggested movements.
The trainer is Tatsuya Takaine, a youtuber, who has written 4 books in Japanese and 2 books in Chinese. He is based in Osaka, Japan but is originally from Nagasaki.
What’s unique about muscle training
According to Tatsuya:
-They are easy and sustainable
-You can do it anytime, anywhere
-You don’t need any equipment
-The exercises consist of a total of 5/10 minutes, with 30 seconds to a minute for each of the postures
And with an impressive list of videos targeting specific problem areas, it doesn’t get any better, especially if you are too busy, or just couldn’t be bothered going to the gym!
Check out the list of videos and click on it to learn more: