Colour Therapy – What is it?
Colour therapy, also called chromotherapy, is a method of treating ailments by using colours. It is also said to help bring balance and health to the mind and body. The vibrations of the colour improve your mood and overall health.
Colours can either stimulate or calm your senses. This therapy relies on the idea that colours create an electrical impulse in the brain, which can stimulate hormonal and biochemical processes in the body.
Colours and Chakras
On a spiritual note, each of the 7 Chakras are linked to the spectrum of light in a rainbow. Let’s explore this some more:
– The Root Chakra located at the base of the spine is represented by red. This base chakra has a grounding effect connecting us to Earth.
Red – Courage/Motivation/Passion/Love
– The Sacral Chakra, which is located 2 or 3 inches below the navel is represented by orange. This chakra is associated with sexuality, creativity, reproduction, kidneys, adrenals and pleasure.
Orange – Energy/Good vibes/Freedom/Ambition
– The Solar Plexus Chakra located between the navel and sternum is represented by yellow. It is associated with the liver, pancreas, digestive system, gallbladder, empowerment and well-being, influencing your wisdom and power.
Yellow – Clarity/Growth/Happiness/Focus
– The Heart Chakra associated with the heart, lungs, immune system, energy, nervous system, mental focus, compassion and empowerment influences love and healing. It is represented by green.
Green – Prosperity/Abundance/Luck/Health
– The Throat Chakra is associated with thyroid, metabolism and most importantly with communication. It is represented by blue.
Blue – Confidence/Loyalty/Success/Forgiveness/Creativity
– The Third Eye Chakra located between the eyebrows is represented by indigo. It is associated with the pituitary and pineal glands, influencing awareness, sleep cycles, clarity, wisdom, self-esteem and intuition.
Indigo – Vitality/Good health/Wealth
– The Crown Chakra located at the top of the head is represented by violet. It is associated with spirituality, clarity, dreams, pineal gland and light sensitivity.
Violet – Relaxation/Tranquility/Imagination
Take a look at the chart/guide below to summarise:
|Third eye||Awareness||Indigo||Vitality/Good health/Wealth|
Colours and More
In addition to the Chakra colours, here are some more colours and what they symbolically represent:
Black – Stability/Protection/Mystery/Power/Elegance/Sophistication
White – Purity/Innocence/Freshness/Peace
Pink – Love/Harmony/Nurturing/Self-love
Light blue – Tranquility/Reliability/Forgiveness
Dark blue – Depth/Expertise/Stability
Colours and Skin Tones
Often we hear people say that a particular colour might not be “their” colour! This is mostly based on one’s skin tone where a colour might clash or contrastingly flatter you.
To narrow it down skin tones are characterized into 3 kinds: warm, cool and neutral.
– A warm skin tone merits from coral, honey, cream and olive.
– Cool skin tones work well with grey, lavender, blue and rose.
– Neutral skin tones love red, white, blue and jade.
But we also know that change is so important, especially to motivate us and brighten up our day. So dare to experiment with colour in your wardrobe :)! .
Crazily enough, there are a handful of colours that everyone can wear; like white, black, eggplant purple, teal and light-blush pink. Trying out new colours can be so fun and recommended. You might just surprise yourself when you try out something new and discover that it suits you; you feel good in it. For it is when you feel good, that you emanate confidence and that in turn makes you look picture perfect : “Immaculate!”.
There is a psychology to colour. Research says colour can absolutely affect your mood, behavior and stress levels. Pick a colour based on the mood you are already in, or pick a colour based on the mood you want to be in. Go on then, try them colours out!
“Remember colours can stimulate, calm, and shock, all dependant on the effect and feel you are looking for.”
Colours and my Candle Therapy
With this I would like to introduce you to my “CANDLE THERAPY” and my “CANDLES & CRYSTALS HEALING KITS”.
Using the colour guide above you can focus on the emotions or area of your personality you would like to enhance, light up the relevant (hand-engraved) coloured candle and watch them manifest.
I have hand engraved my candles using colour /chakra colour therapy with affirmations like health, protect, luck, peace, etc.. The candles are also lightly scented with either lavender, tea tree oil or green fields.
Discover my selection of healing candles by clicking on the links below.
CANDLES & CRYSTALS HEALING KITS : 1 Hand-engraved – Lavender/Tea Tree Oil/Green Fields scented candle following colour therapy + 1 Healing crystal bracelet
THE HEALING KIT : 2 Hand-engraved candles for protection and cleansing
CANDLE THERAPY : Hand-engraved – Lavender/Tea Tree Oil/Green Fields scented candles following Colour Therapy and Chakra Colour Symbolism
Find them here @ ‘chriselda.blog’
“To a better, brighter day and a more enlightened you!”
COLOUR CHEMISTRY – BY CHRISELDA BARRETTO
CHRISELDA BARRETTO – SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
OTHER PROJECTS BY CHRISELDA BARRETTO